Senior Government Affairs Manager - EU
LOCATION - Luxembourg
Located in Luxembourg City, ispace Europe S.A. is a subsidiary of ispace inc., and is the company’s newest regional office. We are a small, agile, and highly determined team willing to go the extra distance to pave the way for a new frontier in space. Working at ispace Europe will require the ability to thrive in the unknown, an eagerness to be a pioneer in a new industry, and a willingness to work in an international, intercultural, and interdisciplinary environment. We invite motivated, talented, and hardworking individuals to join us for an exciting new challenge.
ispace Europe is looking for a Government Relations Manager to join its new team in Luxembourg. The position is responsible for enhancing ispace’s relationships with governments and space agencies in the EU, and expanding its business possibilities through government programs, sovereign wealth funds, and other projects. The successful candidate will be capable of taking initiative and finding innovative solutions in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should possess a proven record of effectively communicating and managing relationships to deliver results.
- Developing and implementing ispace’s Global Relations Strategy and Policy to promote and create business opportunities in the EU and other countries;
- Opening direct communication channels with officials of the government and space agencies in the EU and other countries to discuss their current space policy, collect information on their programmes, and constructing policies that promote space resources development
- Work with governments, organizations, and agencies to source or create mechanism for new funds or grants specifically for lunar exploration
- Drafting documents, briefs, policy, and other documents that will educate and assist management in decision making.
- Masters Degree or equivalent
- 7+ years of industry experience working within space agencies, government divisions supervising the space industry, government relations divisions of European private companies, or on external advisement of government relations matters
- Solid understanding of International and EU national law, as well as common legal, policy and regulatory frameworks
- Proficient English skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and high customer service capabilities and delivery
- Knowledge and Experience with Horizon 2020, European Space Agency, European Commission and/or Luxinnovation Project/Grants Development
- Must have a record of excellence and success in complicated and unchartered environments
- Excellent project, time, and budget management skills, and being able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously without sacrificing attention to detail
- A mixture of high energy, flexibility and team orientation with a direct, honest, and respectful approach to problem solving, and an ability to work both collaboratively and independently in a high-growth, start-up culture
- Must show initiative, leadership, and positive can-do attitude
- Comfortable with change and fast-pace environment
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Other UN language, especially French is an asset