Marketing and Communications Specialist
LOCATION - tokyo, japan
ispace is a leading micro-robotics Japanese company with a subsidiary in the United States and another planned in Europe. ispace’s Hakuto rover won the Google XPRIZE mobility milestone award and is a leading contender for the $20M Grand Prize. ispace’s lunar lander is its next step towards prospecting for, mining and utilizing lunar resources to expand human presence in space.
ispace is looking for a Marketing Communications Specialist to oversee and manage our corporate communication to increase awareness and create new space resource market. The space resources industry has never been a familiar field, but it will play a very important role as humanity seeks to expand the ecosystem into outer space. To achieve this, it is necessary to encourage not only the existing players but also outside industries to collaborate and jointly develop the space economy.
The responsibilities of this role include distributing promotional materials, responding to customers’ inquiries, posting on social media and networking during external marketing events. This role would be perfect if you have experience in identifying and building long-term relationships with target audiences and partners. Ultimately, you will act as our company’s voice, reaching out to outside industries, developing new collaborations and finding unprecedented value in space exploration.
- Develop strong relationships with global media to maximize exposure to potential customers and public
- Drive speaking engagements by actively planning interviews and press conferences
- Monitor and analyze global media exposures, access to corporate website and social media impact
- Coordinate the production of corporate design materials and distribute in both online and offline channels
- Control the information disclosure and the corporate brand across all channels
- Produce campaigns and events in collaboration with partner companies.
- Plan and manage events (of ispace, partner companies and any other third-parties)
- Manage E-commerce (product plan, EC site operation, product sales for third party)
- Actively seek for and cultivate unprecedented collaboration opportunities with outside industries
- Proven work experience as a Marketing Communications Specialist or similar role[TM1] at least 3 years.[SA2]
- Familiarity with B2B and B2C PR communications
- Proficiency in MS Office and understanding of Adobe Softwares, especially Illustrator and Photoshop
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent verbal presentation skill
- At least business level of both English and Japanese
- Expertise on space is not necessary, professional experience in Marketing/Communications is more important.
- Understanding of the marketing perspectives of startups
- Passionate about thriving in an uncharted territory